Links Kicking Broadswords: Evolution and the Constitution

Kicking Broadswords

Rants from two Pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-liberal, anti-government spouses who also discuss Lutheran doctrine and probably a lot about survival and guns from the other spouse- my husband. If you hate commies, the blue states, and love the Constitution, read this blog.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Evolution and the Constitution

I'm in the middle of writing a research paper for my class about Social Darwinism and how it's not such an absurd idea to an evolutionist- the only reason he doesn't accept that facet of Darwinism is because he doesn't like the consequences. In my research I discovered a quote by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., a justice of the Supreme Court. He writes that the justification for any law is "not that it represents an eternal principle," such as justice for example, "but that it helps bring about a social end which we desire".

When reading the majority opinion of Roe v. Wade one will find an interesting statement that says abortion must be considered in relation to "population growth, pollution, poverty, and racial" issues.

Funny me- I thought the Constitution wasn't malleable. I thought it was the supreme law of the land, not subject to the whims of personal opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home