Links Kicking Broadswords: anger, and a reader :)

Kicking Broadswords

Rants from two Pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-liberal, anti-government spouses who also discuss Lutheran doctrine and probably a lot about survival and guns from the other spouse- my husband. If you hate commies, the blue states, and love the Constitution, read this blog.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

anger, and a reader :)

Anger is a pet sin of mine. So is lust, but I think I get taken over by anger more often, and more passionately.

Recently, a pre-seminary student and coworker of mine lied on his time sheet, writing down that he had been working such and such an activity, for so and so long. When I asked him about it, he shrugged it off as if laziness, dishonesty and theft from an employer were no big deal.

I exploded at him. I still haven't forgiven him, nor has he asked for forgiveness. We are still marginally cordial, but a deep friendship is out.

When I sin, as I do often, too often I know I am sinning. I make no bones to say that lust is no sin. It is. I get very angry at unrepentant sin. Perhaps, too angry.

In my honorable and noble profession, I have much time to think about chaos, the breakdown of the world, the inexorable disordering of creation wrought by our sin, and I often feel a near-helpless rage at the evil in the world. How helpless we are to stop the effect of sin. Sin gave us life-destroying waves, life-taking murderers. How creation must groan under this awful weight.

.. On the other hand, I am more pleased than I can record that not only are there those who are reading this, but that I am not alone in my sentiments. I felt great anger when I posted at another sight and was repeatedly insulted by those who completely missed the point. That anger is abated now that I know that there are those who understand. You see, I am not a complete fool after all, or, at least, there are other fools like me.

So, my gracious thanks to a reader nicknamed after a fine, fine rifle, and a linker named after a fine, fine pistol.

Should no one here have read www.winceandnod.blogspot.com, please do so.

Thank you, and God's gracious Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://sjoxggrf.com/vhjy/cjck.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jlyexnmt.com/bfsn/mzfr.html]Cool site[/url]

November 13, 2006 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

November 13, 2006 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://sjoxggrf.com/vhjy/cjck.html | http://afnnkbvi.com/kfkb/dmmm.html

November 13, 2006 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home